Tennessee Press Association provides two types of press credentials. Both are available only to TPA's member newspapers. And, either type must be requested by the publisher, general manager or editor.
Example of plastic, identification-style, press card
Press Card - paper style
This is a paper press card. It is valid only for the current year. These are available at no charge. Please contact TPA at (865) 584-5761 to order.
Press Card - durable plastic
A new service in 2006, the plastic, photo identification style, press card has proven to be popular with members. Once the dues payment has been received, the newspaper is eligible for one free card. Each additional card is available at a charge of $5 each. Cards are valid only for the current year. Must be renewed annually.
Ordering your press card involves several steps:
1. Download the order form and complete
2. Gather electronic mug shots and electronic signatures in formats described on the order form
3. Contact TPA (865) 584-5761 for USERNAME and PASSWORD to access the upload area
4. Upload files to upload area
5. Fax form and payment information to TPA (865) 558-8687